NYTimes.com Article: Experts Attempt to Isolate MaliciousComputer Program

Meltsner, Kenneth Kenneth.Meltsner at ca.com
Sat Aug 23 14:31:10 PDT 2003

There's also the really brain-dead misfeature that Outlook used to have: figure out what type the attachment really is (regardless of extension) and run/open it upon user request.  You could double-click on a file mislabeled as a JPEG and end up running an EXE....

I usually refer to Outlook as Microsoft Trojan Distributor.  Oddly, no one is ever confused by my personal nomenclamature.
Ken