NYTimes.com Article: Experts Attempt to Isolate MaliciousComputer Program

Bill Humphries bill at whump.com
Sat Aug 23 13:34:07 PDT 2003

On Saturday, August 23, 2003, at 10:31 AM, Meltsner, Kenneth wrote:

> I usually refer to Outlook as Microsoft Trojan Distributor.  Oddly, no
> one is ever confused by my personal nomenclamature.
> Ken

It amazes me that businesses insist on running such a gaping security
hole just so they can have calendaring. Meeting maker may be a pain to
use, but at least it's not infecting the company.

For the salary of the full-time Windows admin running around applying
patches to servers and fixing the computers of salesmen who think they
are going to see nude pictures of second tier tennis players, you could
hire a couple of administrative assistants and buy everyone DayTimers.

Beberg, go hire some contract programmers to write an Exchange killer.
:)

-- whump