Must be Monday...

Dr. Robert J. Harley harley at argote.ch
Mon Aug 25 20:39:36 PDT 2003

Shri Beberg wrote:
>After only a handful friday evening, and 1 between saturday and sunday,
>I've already got 40+ virii in my junk folder in the last 4 hours [...]

Likewise, I've observed over 1000 MSBlaster attempts and dozens of
Sobig ones in the last 40 hours.

>- A heck of a lot of sysadmins aren't doing their jobs.

I wouldn't consider myself competent enough (or interested enough) to
be a good sysadmin, but nevertheless I will state that apparently a
heck of a lot of so-called "sysadmins" are utterly incompetent.
A recent discussion with an anti-virus company representative
suggested that their clients' sysadmins are so swamped trying to
handle the onslaught that any "real work" is on hold, pending a
let-up.