Shuttle end game?

Joe Barrera jsb at polymathy.org
Wed Sep 3 18:58:20 PDT 2003

Meltsner, Kenneth wrote:

> Damn -- faqed again.
>
> Still, having participated in a few "revive the dead design" efforts,
> it's a non-trivial project even when complete and accurate plans are
> available.  Standards  and materials change, components go out of
> production, etc.  Everything would have to be checked, entered into a
> CAD system, tested, etc.
>
> Ken

Well, at least we *have* CAD systems now.

Given your experience, would you guess that it would be easiest to:

1. Build a Saturn V but adjusting whereever necessary for modern
materials, etc?
2. Build a Saturn VI, but using the Saturn V design as a reference;
3. Design and build a Saturn VI from scratch?

- Joe