Garcon, a grid for one, sil vous plait...

Adam L Beberg beberg at mithral.com
Tue Sep 9 11:37:28 PDT 2003

On Tuesday, September 9, 2003, at 01:18  AM, Rohit Khare wrote:

>> In a question and answer session with the press later in the morning,
>> Phillips added that at present grid computing is meant to be done at
>> a single location among servers in a datacenter and is not designed
>> for computing across multiple locations.
>
> Uh-huh. yeah....

*laughs* Yea.

The problem here is that Oracle has stretched the definition of GRID
sooooooo
damn far, that no matter what they say about Oracle 10G or anyone else
says about it for that matter, it all sounds like complete BS.

Oracle re-branded their clustering server as GRID, and now noone knows
what the fork they are talking about. The odd thing is, Oracle is the
only one who hasn't figured this out.

Who needs Last Comic Standing, when we have Grid2003 coming up :)

- Adam L. Beberg - beberg at mithral.com
   http://www.mithral.com/~beberg/