The economy and Dean (was More prediction fodder...)

Adam L Beberg beberg at mithral.com
Tue Sep 9 19:34:19 PDT 2003

On Tuesday, September 9, 2003, at 03:20  PM, Russell Turpin wrote:

> James Rogers:
>> The only thing that really matters to me (election-wise) is the
>> economy
>
> There are a few other things I care
> about. The judges who are appointed
> to the federal bench. International
> relations. Education and research. Yes,
> the economy is important. But it's not
> the only thing that is important. I
> would very much like the Supreme Court
> to avoid suffering another Scalia or
> Thomas.

None of those matter.

Tax rates matter. Health insurance, workers comp, and labor laws
matter. Tariffs and export restrictions matter. How much resistance to
pillage we let 3rd world countries put up before we bomb them to hell
matters.

Because if you don't cater to whatever the corporate overlords want,
they will take all the jobs and all the high wealth individuals, and
leave.

I wonder just how bad things will get before the general public figures
it out.

- Adam L. Beberg - beberg at mithral.com
   http://www.mithral.com/~beberg/