AOL AIM

Gregory Alan Bolcer gbolcer at endeavors.com
Tue Sep 16 14:53:58 PDT 2003

Something new....
I launched my AIM client 5.2.2392 with my own
generated x.509 cert as an SSL client and got an
IE cookie dialog asking if I wanted to accept cookies
from atwola.com.   Atwola.com is an internal AOL
advertising server meaning "AOL Time Warner OnLine
Advertising".   I had never noticed any of their
servers demanding cookies before.  Anyone have any
ideas why and if they've changed their IM policy?

Greg