Final Air France Concorde flight tomorrow...

Peter Kilby peterkilby at dsl.pipex.com
Thu Sep 18 17:03:19 PDT 2003

Hour long documentary on the life of Concorde last night on UK TV, presented
by Branson. BA won't sell  the fleet as they are hoping that Concorde's
clients will continue to fly Business with BA, and if Concorde was to
operate under a different airline they would not secure those passengers
(well that is what Branson suggests)

Great programme but can't help but think that Branson used it as a vehicle
to put BA and the government under pressure (the government funded all the
costs and sold  the last 2 Concorde's to BA and Air France for £1, and
agreed that BA did not need to pay the government 80% of Concorde's profits)

Reckon Branson still hasn't given up.