AOL AIM

Luis Villa louie at ximian.com
Thu Sep 18 09:53:10 PDT 2003

On Thu, 2003-09-18 at 09:32, Tom wrote:
> On Thu, 18 Sep 2003, Luis Villa wrote:
> There are ways to do  buddy lists and the like without having to use
> adblasting corp controlled user restrictive apps . Your dinkum thinkers,
> you should be able to figure out a way.

Technically, sure, it could be done 1000% better. That's not relevant.
What's relevant is that I don't go to IM to meet random people, so the
average 'quality' of the 'losers' on AIM isn't relevant. I go to talk to
my mom, and my aunt, and my cousin, and they are on AIM. And no amount
of technological superiority is going to change that. So, I'm on AIM.

Luis