Jabber command line client, was: Re: AOL AIM

Stephen D. Williams sdw at lig.net
Thu Sep 18 13:51:27 PDT 2003

I have been busy thinking about other things (paying the bills, learning
to deal with Federal Gov. high end work, much more PKI/Security, esXML)
and have not had the time to stay immersed in the IM wars and
Jabber/IETF in particular.  While I regret this, for other historical
reasons, I am getting back into the swing of things, especially because
of some interesting new projects.

So, to answer your question, there is a very cool and fairly complete
command line client called IMCom.  It's Python so it should run just
about anywhere.  It installed and ran with no real effort on a RedHat 9
server, although I'll have to update Python on my old Cygwin install (or
use the native Python) for Win32.

http://imcom.floobin.cx/

I chose Exodus as a Win32 GUI client for now.  IM me at: sdw at jabber.org
I'll have a jabberd running on my server asap at which point I'll be at:
sdw at lig.net and a number of other addreses.

sdw

swilliams at hpti.com http://www.hpti.com  Personal: sdw at lig.net http://sdw.st