Saudis thinking about acquiring nuclear weapons

Stephen D. Williams sdw at lig.net
Thu Sep 18 14:27:09 PDT 2003

Backing off of North Korea is one of the worst things we could have done
I think, assuming that we would have gone in otherwise.

Bring in the tactical nukes and state simple engagement rules (you look
like you're trying to detonate a nuke, zap), and that would have been
the end of that.  I suppose the neighbors would have been a little
terrified of that game of chicken, but is the current situation much
better?  It's just slow chicken vs. fast chicken.  We can do either, but
I think the latter has its merits.

sdw

swilliams at hpti.com http://www.hpti.com  Personal: sdw at lig.net http://sdw.st