Email schmemail...

Adam L Beberg beberg at mithral.com
Sun Sep 21 01:52:46 PDT 2003

On Saturday, September 20, 2003, at 04:56  PM, Elias wrote:

> Give me software agents to manage my schedule, make my travel plans
> and prioritize my communications. Give me sharp electronic eyes and
> let me surf the info skies...

You have it completely backwards. Give me agents and robots and AI so I
don't NEED to schedule, travel for work, talk to telemarketers, read
spam, or watch commercials.

We're under full assault from the second we wake up to overflowing
inboxes and phones and every other form of sensory (read: stress)
overload.

People forget the whole point of technology is so we can do LESS work
(an idea that seems to have almost violent opposition), and of course
to get us laid.

Funny how it's not doing either of those things worth a damn.

- Adam L. Beberg - beberg at mithral.com
   http://www.mithral.com/~beberg/