Peppercoin Raises $4 Million in First Round Funding, Appoints CEO

Adam L Beberg beberg at mithral.com
Tue Sep 23 17:32:22 PDT 2003

On Tuesday, September 23, 2003, at 03:45  PM, R. A. Hettinga wrote:

> Rivest and Micali's microcheque protocol gets a ducat-download.
>
> Next stop an IPO -- and then an eBay buyout... ;-).

Hahaha... "about 7 percent per transaction" - NOT mentioned on the
website anywhere, I had to look in a Wired article - we call that an
"F*** the merchant" rate folks, even AMEX isn't that high.

Windows only. Interface software is NOT open source. Oh, and they are
used by 6 merchants. VISA is soooooo scared, oooooooooooo.

However, POD Holding is obviously a good source of sucker money, send
in those business plans folks :)

- Adam L. Beberg - beberg at mithral.com
   http://www.mithral.com/~beberg/