Black-Scholes In Multiple Languages

jbone at place.org jbone at place.org
Mon Oct 20 07:39:11 PDT 2003

I have a certain very intimate relationship with the Black-Scholes
option pricing model;  it has something to do with something I like to
call the "Black-Scholes Black Hole of Summer '00" --- we'll just leave
it at that.  In my own personal programming language it's expressed
something like "C*CKS*CKM*THAF*CKBASTAGE..."  (The language in question
is rather terse. ;-)

Anyway, here's a welcome relief from the typical "Hello, World!"
bestiaries.

--

http://home.online.no/~espehaug/SayBlackScholes.html

You naturally know the Black-Scholes-Merton Nobel Prize formula, but in
how many languages? Just like me I guess you speak Norwegian, French,
Russian, English, Swedish and Danish, but what about really interesting
languages like (now in more than 29 languages):

Prolog, PL/SQL, LyME, ColdFusion, K, C#, HP48,
Transact SQL, O'Caml, Rebol, Real Basic, Icon, Squeak,
Haskell, JAVA , JavaScript, VBA, C++, Perl,
Maple, Mathematica, Matlab, S-Plus,
IDL, Pascal, Python, Fortran, Scheme, PHP

--

jb