Recommendations for on-line reading about breeder reactors?

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Mon Oct 20 09:39:57 PDT 2003

http://www.webelements.com/webelements/scholar/elements/uranium/geological.html

> in at least a low concentration worldwide. Some countries have more,
> and they do must of the uranium mining for the world, but if necessary
> it could be extracted from lots of places.

20 ppm U/Th in granite is not really what I'd call ore (pitchblende ~4%
uranium).

> Uranium needs to be extensively processed to become fissile, which
> requires a great deal of technology and energy; but the raw material
> is easy to get.

The solar constant is about 1380 W/m^2. Who's crazy enough to go nuclear,
unless you're in deep space?

ICBM: 48.07078, 11.61144 http://www.leitl.org