R.I.P. Google. Next PLEASE

Adam L Beberg beberg at mithral.com
Wed Oct 22 20:15:30 PDT 2003

Both yesterday and Today, I was unable to find what I was looking for
with Google... I've been noticing more and more, but the last two days
I've just been pissed.

Here is the twist... it's not because Google didn't know about it...
it's because Google would only list pages and pages and pages of people
selling stuff. Catalog entries, web shops, million entry sites all
googled. Lots of it that I can't wrap my brain around how the searches
were matching the results, user comments I suppose. Many with URL's so
cluttered with &'s and ='s that it's a surprise google even holds them.

Apparently in the last month(?) Google has started to search every
catalog site out there, and has filled up on useless data.

So who out there is after google, google has clearly not only sold out
but also swallowed a poison pill.

- Adam L. Beberg - beberg at mithral.com
   http://www.mithral.com/~beberg/