R.I.P. Google. Next PLEASE.

jbone at place.org jbone at place.org
Wed Oct 22 20:37:32 PDT 2003

Adam wrote:

> So who out there is after google, google has clearly not only sold out
> but also swallowed a poison pill.

Damn, Adam, that's too bad.  Just when Barrera was finally beginning to
figure it out!

Barrera wrote this, demonstrating what I'm not sure:

> jbone at place.org wrote:
>
> > Lucas asks, I deliver.  It's a G.D. hat trick.
>
> http://news.google.com/news?q=microsoft+political

;-)

In all seriousness, though, I doubt this is more than a bump in the
road for Google.  I'd been bitching about this for a while, but it
doesn't seem to me that solving this problem would really be too
difficult.  Indeed, this problem is just going to be incentive for
Google to start competing w/ Amazon / EBay in a head-to-head fashion,
not to mention that fixing it is absolutely necessary to saving their
search business.  But to fix it they're gonna have to start classifying
Web pages --- and that's not necessarily a bad thing.

Cf. this FTRAIN post, "August 2009:  How Google Beat Amazon and EBay to
the Semantic Web."

	http://www.ftrain.com/google_takes_all.html

$0.02,

jb