8-Bit Rockers?

Tom tomwhore at slack.net
Thu Oct 23 19:24:43 PDT 2003

On Thu, 23 Oct 2003, Morbus Iff wrote:

--]I vaguely remember Hornet - that was a collection of musical demos,
--]similar to ansi demos and art packs from the BBS days? Or some such?
--]Is that still online? I want some <g>.
--]

Yep, Hornet was the collected demo sceen home on the web for a while. They
put out cds via Walnut Creek while also offering the whole collection for
DL..Needless to say my hoover was on it faster than..well fast.

(btw as we are posting here I found a site with the 8bitrockers
http://www.milk.scene.org/MILK0088.html)

Back to the sceen stuff. Hornet went offline a few years back but the
principles behind it have begun putting out DVDs not only of the raw files
put those files carefully transfered to video and audio so that you dont
need a pc/amiga/st to enjoy them. Since the DVD project took off it looks
like there is life back in the hornet name.

http://www.hornet.org/

Alivr and well and full of demos, music, code and all that good stuff.
They have links out to lots of the other sceen sites as well.

If we ever decide on a way to fork up a trusted share pool we can delve
into the collected goodness. Get your cd bruners ready.

-tomwsmf