XML in hardware: Conformative <CSXi> server appliances

Adam L Beberg beberg at mithral.com
Fri Oct 24 22:26:02 PDT 2003

On Friday, October 24, 2003, at 11:36  PM, Gavin Thomas Nicol wrote:

> On Friday 24 October 2003 03:19 pm, Jim Whitehead wrote:
>> The Smart Parser is based on patent-pending technology that
>> significantly
>> reduces processing time for common XML operations. These capabilities
>> include:
>
> Last time I checked there were 300+ XML related patents out and
> about....

And a dozen companies making hardware accelerators.

And people still give me a hard time about passing endian-fixed structs
around *shakes head*. No patents, and it's 20x faster then the hardware
accelerated XML.

The problem with jumping on the bandwagon is that someone else is
driving :)

- Adam L. Beberg - beberg at mithral.com
   http://www.mithral.com/~beberg/