XML in hardware: Conformative <CSXi> server appliances

jbone at place.org jbone at place.org
Fri Oct 24 23:03:02 PDT 2003

Random synchronicity and $0.02 worth of analysis:

Moments before Dr. Whitehead sent the article about Conformative ---
which prior to today I'd never heard of --- I was sitting in a
conference room hearing the Conformative pitch by an advisor to that
company.  Weirdness.  They're an AV-backed local co;  the topic came up
in ref to my opening to hire an XML / XSLT transformation / Web UI guy;
  the advisor in question suggested that the guys at Conformative should
know good candidates, namely devs at potential customers.  Anyway, that
was the first I heard about the company.

My minimal bit of analysis:  very, very sexy tech.  They will struggle
w/ go-to-market and crossing-the-chasm issues.  But they can probably
make it w/ the right OEMs, given the sex appeal and the long-distance
horizons afforded by being AV's flavor-of-the-week.

$0.02,

jb