Sell the roads! (was: The Tragedy of Garrett Hardin)

R. A. Hettinga rah at shipwright.com
Sun Oct 26 07:28:25 PST 2003

At 12:51 AM -0400 10/26/03, Somebody wrote:
>careful what you wish for.  you've just incentivized developer-driven urban
>sprawl, though i'm sure you're convinced you've proposed the opposite.

Actually I'm *proposing* developer-driven urban sprawl.

Markets allocate resources better than any force monopoly can.

Besides, Houston proves that private covenants work fine, if controlled
growth is what people want -- at least until the price goes up. :-).

Cheers,
RAH
------
--
44 Farquhar Street, Boston, MA 02131 USA