Sell the roads! (was: The Tragedy of Garrett Hardin)

Russell Turpin deafbox at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 26 08:21:00 PST 2003

At 12:51 AM -0400 10/26/03, Somebody wrote:
>you've just incentivized developer-driven urban
>sprawl..

What we now have is developer driven and TAXPAYER
funded sprawl. Yes, I think it would be much
better if sprawl were funded by the developers
and property owners that drive it. Even if we
get just as much sprawl, or more in some cases,
people would have the choice to pay for it or
not, as part of deciding where to live, and how
much they choose to drive.

Yes, absolutely, that partly means better roads
and roadways that are built more in response to
market demand. I see nothing wrong with that. You
think that will mean more sprawl. I think it will
mean more efficient sprawl, in the sense that
development will be more clustered.