8-Bit Rockers?

Karl Anderson kra at monkey.org
Sun Oct 26 15:30:49 PST 2003

A friend has a record of samples from Atari 400 and Commodore 64
games.  The final track is a loadable program - record it onto a tape,
put it in your Atari cassette player, CLOAD, RUN.  I played the track
just to remember the sound - I had forgotten that the tones that the
Atari 400 made were different than the drone you'd hear when playing
the tape, which I'd also do for fun when I was a kid.  I used to sit
there for half an hour, staring at the blue screen while loading a
game from a casette tape, and now I can pick out music from buzzing or
humming scanners, drives, and washing machines.

--
Karl Anderson      kra at monkey.org           http://monkey.org/~kra/