Helping Greg learn to read.

jbone at place.org jbone at place.org
Tue Oct 28 21:13:42 PST 2003

Hey Greg, I guess this part:

> NB:  I imagine the latter is slightly nastier than it needs to be ---
> don't shoot the messenger, I didn't write it --- but only slightly.

...was too complex for you to understand.  Try again.  Take it slowly.
Sound it out.  Use that "phonics" stuff we talked about.

Afterwards, when you realize I didn't write the code in question and in
fact was bitching about goto, then you can ponder whether to go quoting
famous, musty old ACM bits to Luca Cardelli and so forth, who forgot
more about code last night than you'll ever know.  ;-)

Cheers,

jb

PS - take a close look at your Ada program.  Do you really think it
does what the code example does?  Think hard about this one, it's for
the semester grade.