The Existential Doggerel of Tom Bomwhorillo

jbone at place.org jbone at place.org
Wed Oct 29 10:39:28 PST 2003

[OFFERED FOR ENTERTAINMENT VALUE ONLY.  I just love it when Tom steps
up to play the cool, level-headed elder statesman.  Funny is bits, but
humor is subjective.  I honestly do get a kick out of these, thought
I'd share them.  This is a paen, not a slam.]

Who says Rummy has a monopoly on artsy, folksy, cornball obscurantism,
loopy grammatical constructs, and malapropisms?  For your amusement,
with some small stylistic liberites but motsly [sic] itnact [sic]t, I
present the Zen Master-like utterances of our own Tom Whore:

= NO REASON =

it is not based on "reason",
rather "a reason"
as would follow from
the premiss and
it certianly does not make "sense"

(from http://www.xent.com/pipermail/fork/2003-July/023122.html)

--

= MEDIA ITCH =

tightening of the news sources,
the total zombification of the public,
the start of an unscratchable itch
that is either going to
stir folks from the slumber
or bring on the daily body counts

(from http://www.xent.com/pipermail/fork/2003-July/022885.html)

--

= STRAIGHT FROM THE SPHINCTER =

mobile (I have forked form the palm)
mob based (and what a mob)
authors seeking trust metirc ("here are 300 pages of proof why X is ~X")
communal fact checking ("Dude, you are so like pulling it outo f your
sphincter")
email based
web based
rss
etc etc
blah blah blah

(from http://www.xent.com/pipermail/fork/2003-July/023418.html)

--

= GOING OFF THE RAILS ON A CRAZY TRAIN =

An interesting listen
at some of the issues
around the idiocy
that goes