Best Java IDE for a smart kid using OS X?

Adam L Beberg beberg at mithral.com
Fri Oct 31 10:59:52 PST 2003

On Oct 31, 2003, at 12:26 PM, Meltsner, Kenneth wrote:

> Official to the course, which is platform-agnostic, not OS X.

We are still talking about JAVA right?

> He does want me to install Xcode, but I'm worried that's more complex
> that is needed right now.

Best... IDE... ever...

Simple too.

> The part of me that craves order would have him infected with UML early
> in life by using BlueJ, but I'm not sure whether UML would be
> considered
> poor parenting at best.

UML will be out of fashion by then, everyone knows it, which means it's
not a competitive advantage anymore. For that matter, everything but
ANSI C seems to come and go, the rest is just a bad attempt at LISP.

- Adam L. Beberg - beberg at mithral.com
   http://www.mithral.com/~beberg/