IT jobs disappear, gov investment in innovation needed

Adam L Beberg beberg at mithral.com
Mon Nov 3 19:42:04 PST 2003

On Nov 3, 2003, at 5:53 PM, jbone at place.org wrote:

> The high-tech industry is waiting for the Next Big Thing to revive the
> economy, but when it does arrive, it may not come from the United
> States, Canada or Western Europe.

Face it, this educational time bomb has been ticking for a couple
decades.

Schools suck, kids are STUPID and completely unmotivated to do anything
but play video games, after all they already have it all, why work
hard?

India and China are gonna eat the west alive, they do that sort of
thing.

The thing is, anyone of even reasonable intelligence sees this
happening, but there isn't a think we can to about it in less then 2
generations (the lost one, and the ambitious one after it).
Demographics alone are going to turn the west into hell. So, where do
we move to?

My ex-roomie who is over in China is having a ball, even has a hot
little chinese GF. If I didn't have more debt then their pitiful pay
could payoff, I'd consider going over there for a while, just for the
experience.

- Adam L. Beberg - beberg at mithral.com
   http://www.mithral.com/~beberg/