It's a Handmaid's Tale World After All

Russell Turpin deafbox at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 7 17:15:11 PST 2003

Gregory Alan Bolcer:
>I don't know about that, but I think my intent is to influence in some
>small way the real or peceived devaluation of human life. 3rd trimester
>abortion and Dr. assisted suicide seem to be two areas where some people
>compromise due to expedience or inconvenience.

Those who apotheosize human life often do so by
devaluing people. Forcing a terminal patient to
live beyond their competent and rational decision
that what remains of their life is not worth its
suffering degrades that person. It makes that
person's life, and the forced living a little
longer, more important than the person.