Somebody's thinking straight

Dr. Robert J. Harley harley at argote.ch
Tue Nov 11 14:22:36 PST 2003

Et de deux...

>From the Washingon Post:

Soros's Deep Pockets vs. Bush
Financier Contributes $5 Million More in Effort to Oust President

[...]

NEW YORK -- George Soros, one of the world's richest men, has given
away nearly $5 billion to promote democracy in the former Soviet bloc,
Africa and Asia. Now he has a new project: defeating President Bush.

"It is the central focus of my life," Soros said, his blue eyes
settled on an unseen target. The 2004 presidential race, he said in an
interview, is "a matter of life and death."

[...]

"America, under Bush, is a danger to the world," Soros said. Then he
smiled: "And I'm willing to put my money where my mouth is."

Soros believes that a "supremacist ideology" guides this White
House. He hears echoes in its rhetoric of his childhood in occupied
Hungary. "When I hear Bush say, 'You're either with us or against us,'
it reminds me of the Germans." It conjures up memories, he said, of
Nazi slogans on the walls, Der Feind Hort mit ("The enemy is
listening"). "My experiences under Nazi and Soviet rule have
sensitized me," he said in a soft Hungarian accent.

[...]

[...]  But recently, Soros has grown alarmed at the influence of
neoconservatives, whom he calls "a bunch of extremists guided by a
crude form of social Darwinism."

Neoconservatives, Soros said, are exploiting the terrorist attacks of
Sept. 11, 2001, to promote a preexisting agenda of preemptive war and
world dominion. "Bush feels that on September 11th he was anointed by
God," Soros said. "He's leading the U.S. and the world toward a
vicious circle of escalating violence."

[...]

See:
  http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A24179-2003Nov10.html