Cornell News: No ice found at lunar poles [...]

Dr. Robert J. Harley harley at argote.ch
Wed Nov 12 14:25:31 PST 2003

>1) You're trolling. You must be bored. Try writing some software, for
>   a change.

I'm afraid 7 hours of hacking Linux and AIX is enough for one day.
The joys of figuring out 57 or so flavours of PowerPC left me pretty
bored alright.

>2) The whole point of teleoperation is that you have terrestrial monkeys
>[...]

Would I be correct in assuming that the "monkeys" you continually
refer to are of the human variety?

>Bzzt. Self-replication doesn't require nanotechnology.

Didn't say it did.  But nanotech is easy with what passes for
nanotechnology these days - I was amused to read an advert for some
face-mud for chicks they other day that referred to it as nanotech.

> > big computer in the sky
> I prefer circumsolar clouds of computronium modules

Isn't that what I said?

>You can't scan nondestructively at nm resolution.  Where's your physics?

Learn to recognise sarcasm, especially when it is blatant.

>Stick to your crypto. That way, at least, you halfway know what you're
>talking about, and you don't make a fool out of yourself.

Smile :)

  Jeff: That's a foolish way to put up a building.
  Mutt: Oh yeah, what do you know about construction?
  Jeff: Nothing, but I'm an expert on foolishness.