Rocking the Vote Electronique

Lucas Gonze lgonze at panix.com
Mon Nov 24 10:06:59 PST 2003

Old bits, repurposed for conversation about partisan angles on voting
machines:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-
dyn?pagename=article&node=&contentId=A42085-2003Aug10&notFound=true
Howard A. Denis (R-Potomac-Bethesda), a Montgomery County Council
member, was so shaken by the Hopkins report that he is considering
asking for a waiver to stop using electronic machines.

"The more I look into this, the more serious I think it is," he said.

I distrust Republicans as much anybody, but I have known many
Republicans who were passionate believers in freedom, and I think that
the rank and file of both parties would happily toss their leadership
over this.  So why aren't we out burning them in effigy yet?  I've
never seen a more serious political scandal than this -- what the hell
is going on that it hasn't taken over the front page?