new bits on biotech, hacked bacteria

Bill Humphries bill at whump.com
Mon Nov 24 23:48:42 PST 2003

On Nov 24, 2003, at 10:50 PM, Justin Mason wrote:

> they are mostly attempts by large corporations to add
>   genetic monopolies to the practices of factory farming. They aren't
> plants
>   carefully re-designed and freely given to the world's poorer farmers
>   use with caution, they are plants designed to prop up agrobusiness.

That's my beef with GMOs as well. They're a government sanctioned
transfer from the poor to the rich.

And responding to Greg's compliant above, I find it morally repugnant
when the rich use the government to engorge themselves. See also this
turd of a Medicaid bill -- just transfer 100 billion to big pharma from
our pockets over the next twenty or so years.

Maybe the rich should finance work on anti-aging drugs if they want to
escape probate and taxes. :)

-- whump