ruleCore? (Python rule engine, anybody?)

Gregory Alan Bolcer gbolcer at endeavors.com
Wed Nov 26 10:08:34 PST 2003

(Hi Andrew, not directly related to your post...)

Oh gawd.  They (rulecore) reinvented RETE networks.  A RETE network
is a real-time rules hashing that allows rules to be
built up into a directed graph such that any event based condition
may be parallelly processed by appropriately passing
and routing meta-data based tokens along interconnected arcs and
setting or testing state at individual nodes.  It's an attempt to
do semantic-based parallelism that maps isomorphically
onto many distributed architectures including one current
stateless, client-server one that people make such a fuss about.
As long as you maintain the relations, you can distribute
the conditions on any number of machines and if you map the
firings to some unique addressable resource on the network,
you have a really clever analysis network.

Greg

I would bet that I'm the only person on the list with OPS5
programming experience.