The Cheapest Ph.D. Ever

James Tauber jtauber at jtauber.com
Fri Nov 28 08:28:58 PST 2003

When I was an undergrad majoring in Linguistics I did a fair bit of work
on New Testament Greek that I made available online. When people saw the
work and saw I had a "edu" email address they assumed I was a professor.
I got lots of email (and the occasional snail-mail) addressed to
"Professor Tauber" or "Dr. Tauber" (or from Germans: "Professor Dr.
Tauber").

The best, though, was when I got an email from a PhD student who asked if
he could do a post-doc under me :-)

Not quite as cheap a Ph.D. but hopefully another humourous bit of
auto-biographia :-)

James

On Thu, 27 Nov 2003 23:35:51 -0600, jbone at place.org, jbone at place.org
said:

> So that you guys can get the subtle but inherently and deeply
> self-deprecating humor in the previous post --- and other previous
> posts...  a bit of hopefully humorous auto-biographia...
[...]
--
  James Tauber
  http://jtauber.com/