A. Gary Shilling

Russell Turpin deafbox at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 28 13:43:26 PST 2003

Lucas Gonze:
>IME how well distributed teams work depends on the local culture.  ..

Yes, and the nature of the project, and experience
of the team, and other contextual factors.

>Members have to embrace IM, IRC, blogs, etc, or they drift away from lack
>of contact.

I disagree. I rarely use IM or blogs, but do just
fine in distributed projects. Email provides quick
connectivity. As does the old-fashioned phone.
Wikis help a lot, and are better suited to the
purpose, IMO, than blogs.