Fwd: More problems with hydrogen

Sandor Spruit sandor at cs.uu.nl
Mon Dec 1 06:52:44 PST 2003

Eugen Leitl wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 01, 2003 at 01:33:51PM +0000, Russell Turpin wrote:

[snip]

>>Propane is a pretty nice fuel. Being a liquid, it
>>is easily shipped, without any refridgeration.
>>There is already a distribution system in place.
>>It has about the same BTU per pound as gasoline.
>>It burns cleanly and without any odor. There are a
>

> To be clear, I think burning fuel to generate power
> is an anachronism.

What about power generation by burning hydrogen obtained through
"splitting" water by electrolyse - think solar/wind energy?
Exactly why is that an anachronism? Hydrogen as a means to "store"
power seems like a great idea!

Sandor

--
Information and Computing Sciences, Utrecht University
Contact information, see: http://www.cs.uu.nl/people/sandor/