Fwd: More problems with hydrogen

Joseph S. Barrera III joe at barrera.org
Mon Dec 1 23:03:18 PST 2003

Gavin Thomas Nicol wrote:

>  FWIW. I wonder why people have such a preoccupation with fossil fuels
>  too. Even if you *do* want to "burn stuff", there are lot's of other
>  fuels, from alcohol to cooking oil available. Most of those are far
>  more practical than hydrogen, and many can be used in largely
>  unmodified vehicles, and produce similar amounts of power.

I prefer whale oil.

If we had done with the whale what we've done with corn,
or chicken or pigs or you name it, just in terms of selective
breeding (never mind genetic engineering), we'd never have
bothered with crude oil and the middle east.

Or hell, think tree farms, but with whales.

I think I'm on to something here.

- Joe