Canada, stereotypes, and the ugly truth?

Joseph S. Barrera III joe at barrera.org
Wed Dec 3 17:11:26 PST 2003

Ian Andrew Bell wrote:

>  It has yielded a nation composed of many millions of vociferous,
>  self-righteous, intolerant, and exclusionary people. If you're
>  allowing that to happen around you, you're part of the problem -- no
>  matter how tolerant you yourself might be.

Hmm. So what should I be doing to not let this happen around me?

I mean, I could try to take W out myself, but my hands shake too much
to be a good sniper. Plus, we'd just have Cheney in charge.

Seriously, tell me. What should I be doing to heal America
and make it more like Canada? (oops, sorry got a little snide there)

 > And if you vote people
>  into power, perhaps for other reasons such as lower taxes or better
>  interest rates, that exemplify this intolerance (as your leader
>  uncontestedly does) then you only have yourselves to blame.

But I don't, so, I guess, I don't.

- Joe