Canada, stereotypes, and the ugly truth?

Christopher Herot cherot at herot.com
Wed Dec 3 17:56:50 PST 2003

We could all move to Canada and let all these meanies live with each other in the USA.

For whatever reasons, people in the US are afraid and angry.  Maybe they are angry because they are afraid.  Angry that someone else
will get something without having to work for it.  This has some very strange effects, like a party that claims to be for smaller
government, less regulation and lower taxes, spending our tax money peering into bedrooms to regulate private behavior.

Can anyone explain our government's hysteria about marijuana?  Are they afraid we are all going to become like the Canadians?