School bells

Tom tomwhore at slack.net
Fri Dec 5 11:18:05 PST 2003

On Fri, 5 Dec 2003, Joseph S. Barrera III wrote:
--]sateesh narahari wrote:
--]>  Sounds cool, but don't talk about Fork, we need these kids grow up to
--]>  be adults :)
--]"Of what use is an adult?"
--]- Ben Franklin

Good quote. Adults I find to be an overated bunch.

Fork is a great example of learning to learn to find the  worth in the
noise and how filters, peer reivew and trust metrics can all  help with
that.

As it was the class went better than I thought. Looks like I will be on
for as many fridays as I wnat to do it. I gota work the schedule through
my pay job though, frankly at this point though the amazing experience of
teaching makes me wonder if my efforts are best spent cowtowing to work or
pursing a teaching path.

If money were not an issue I never would have made it back to the office
today:)-

I actualy stuck to the lesson plan, got them to hit the examples I wanted
them to do and they could mostly use the skills to do them. I am phsyced.
Most of the kids actualy found the piece of information I was wanting them
to find, many of them ha never touched google before. Infromation theory
scales nicely to this grade level.

 The word find was a big hit.

-tomwsmf