Cell phone carriers

Mike Masnick mike at techdirt.com
Mon Dec 15 08:56:31 PST 2003

At 08:34 AM 12/15/2003 -0800, Elias Sinderson wrote:
>I'm looking to switch carriers (and take my phone number with me). Current
>top choices are either T-Mobile or Sprint - anyone have experience with
>these carriers that they can share? I live in the Bay Area and good
>coverage is important...

I currently use both in the Bay Area and am very happy with Sprint, but not
so happy with T-Mobile.  I know that Sprint seems to have a very bad
reputation, but I've used them here for five and a half years and honestly
can't complain.  The coverage is fine, and I haven't had any problems to
speak of.  T-Mobile has had weak coverage in my experience - though, this
may be a function of the phone.

As for switching, though, the carriers still don't have the kinks worked
out if you're planning to port your number.  I'd wait a little longer to
make sure it goes without a hitch.

Mike