Useless commercials.

Ian Andrew Bell fork at ianbell.com
Tue Dec 23 02:45:41 PST 2003

On 20-Dec-03, at 3:24 AM, John Evdemon wrote:

> You know you're getting old when songs you used to slam dance to start
> appearing in kid's movies and car commercials.

You were sold the revolution in 1982... now you need to go down to
Safeway and buy yourself a non-bio-degradeable chemically-treated
cloth-based mopping system.  This is your next step on the path to a
perpetual postmodern consumer ennui.

Hey, if slam-dancing was bringing in the chicks back then, imagine what
a swiffer wet-mop could do for you now?

:)

-Ian.

PS - Whatever happened to a sponge, a bucket of water with soap, and
elbow grease?  Are we REALLY that lazy?

PPS - Maybe if we all still mopped, the US healthcare system wouldn't
be spending hundreds of millions upgrading the girth and strength of
its equipment to contend with the growing hordes of obese people
Americans, pegged at 35 million?

detox your inbox.
www.geekmail.com