Conspiracy Theories...

Ian Andrew Bell fork at ianbell.com
Sat Dec 27 10:53:39 PST 2003

Greg Said:

> Kind of makes their conspiracy theory as not so conspiratorial
> once you have all the facts.  Other than having the name
> recognition and response, not much in common.

Does anyone truly believe that any of us has all of the facts?  Or
course none of this would be particularly damning if the CBC
documentary crew wasn't revealing ongoing links between the Saudi
government and and Bin Laden right up to Sept 11, 2001.

One of the most damning clauses:

"Shortly after the Malaysia meeting, al-Mihdhar and al-Hazmi [two of
the hijackers] are met my Omar al-Bayoumi, a Saudi national who works
for the Saudi civil aviation authority. Just prior to picking up the
two would-be hijackers, Al-Bayoumi meets with a member of the Saudi
consulate in LA – a man later connected to terrorist activity.
Al-Bayoumi takes al-Mihdhar and al-Hazmi to San Diego, puts them up in
an apartment, signs a lease, holds a party for them, enrolls them in
flight school and gives them money. Later, the FBI concludes that
al-Bayoumi is likely a Saudi intelligence agent. Al-Bayoumi also passes
on thousands of dollars to the hijackers that originate from Princess
Haifa, wife of Prince Bandar Saudi ambassador to the US."

Later, the documentary goes on to explain that Prince Bandar has
extremely close ties to the Bush White House in particular, and to the
White House in general.  Is wife of the man affectionately known within
the Bush family as "Bandar Bush", then, a black sheep too?

-Ian.