Ode To Engagment: "Merrily, Merrily, Merrily, Merrily"

Adam Rifkin adam at xent.com
Sat Dec 27 12:59:59 PST 2003

Indulge my pen-to-paper as we close December 2003,
And we embark your last starry revolution before Ro' hits 30.
This is the week that FoRK turns 8, or vertical infinity,
But let's set our sights on success more finite: recent history.

Take a moment to reflect & in the rearview mirror we see
A month of achievement, a month of closure, a month of family:
  1. You become excellent by doing things a bit better each day, oui;
  2. You added a degree of freedom: completing a decent PhD;
  3. You engaged a lovely, thoughtful superhero kung-fu-fighting TB;
All that remains is to chart out the route to become the NeXT BillG!

I believe future-side we'll see this month as a turning point passed at the speed of c,
So every year @ The Festival Of Lights remember to savor this milestone victory.
Delight in this moment, relive it and own it, find strength in your journey's destiny,
And sow the seeds to feed your needs; the truth has indeed set you free.

So Ro', a toast as our ship leaves this harbor toward the open sea:

    VISION, CLUE, AND BITS FOREVER... and...

May you & your loved ones live forever after, heathily and happily.

----
much love, aDaM at XeNT.CoM

To laugh often and love much;
To win the respect of intelligent persons and the affection of children;
To earn the approbation of honest citizens
    and endure the betrayal of false friends;
To leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child,
    a garden patch, or a redeemed social condition;
To have played and laughed with enthusiasm and sung with exultation;
To know even one life breathed easier because you have lived...
This is to have succeeded.
    -- Ralph Waldo Emerson