"On Crime as Science (a Neighbor at a Time)"

Lucas Gonze lgonze at panix.com
Tue Jan 6 08:49:48 PST 2004

I'm inclined to believe in the broken windows theory.  I lived under
William Bratton, the cop responsible for it, in both Boston and NY.  In
New York BW was mixed with a general tough-nut attitude, so it's hard
to separate the two.  But in Boston BW was pretty much on its own, and
it still did the job.