[NYT] Atkins sparks low carb biz boom

Michael mogmios at mlug.missouri.edu
Wed Jan 7 04:14:39 PST 2004

I knew some people that tried the carb thing and it was kind of gross
and didn't really work to well. Several friends tried WeightWatchers and
it seems more pleasent and more effective so recently I've been trying
to follow their little rules and it works pretty well (lossing about
10lbs a month for over 3 months now) but I don't think I'd be interested
in paying their dues or going to meetings although I guess I could see
the point for people who need help staying motivated. Really it's all
common sense - don't eat junk food, don't stuff yourself, and exercise.