U.S. tells Brazil to change security program

Dr. Robert J. Harley harley at argote.ch
Wed Jan 7 08:57:12 PST 2004

http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/01/07/terrorism.threat/index.html

[...]

U.S. tells Brazil to change security program

The U.S. State Department has changed its stance on a new Brazilian
security process for U.S. citizens entering the South American
nation. Washington is now urging Brazil to alter its new process of
fingerprinting and photographing U.S. visitors.

"We have told the Brazilians that we think that these are measures
that provide tremendous inconvenience to travelers and that they need
to be changed," State Department spokesman Richard Boucher said Tuesday.