[Fwd: Re: NYTimes.com Article: Bush Would Give Illegal Workers Broad New Rights]

Adam L Beberg beberg at mithral.com
Wed Jan 7 15:33:13 PST 2004

On Jan 7, 2004, at 5:18 PM, Michael wrote:

> I'm in favor of letting anyone that doesn't have a criminal history
> with the US (known drug dealers, terrorists, etc) come to the US,
> live, and work legally.

Indeed. Provided they work, behave, and pay taxes, the more the better.

In fact the illegals are really giving companies a "taste" of super
cheap foreign labor. So it's best we not let them realize a Chinese
worker is 1/20 the cost of an American one.

> I might support requiring immigrants to move to less densely populated
> areas of the country for a given number of years.

No No No! We have too much sprawl already. The agricultural dept
already predicts we will have destroyed so much land by 2020 that the
the US will have to import food. From WHERE I have no idea.

- Adam L. Beberg - beberg at mithral.com
   http://www.mithral.com/~beberg/