[Fwd: Re: NYTimes.com Article: Bush Would Give Illegal Workers Broad New Rights]

Bill Humphries bill at whump.com
Wed Jan 7 18:12:57 PST 2004

On Jan 7, 2004, at 5:52 PM, Gregory Alan Bolcer wrote:

> So, we've optimized the Salmon producing process using the latest
> and greatest biotechnology.  What has it gotten us?  Let me recap:
>    o Farm salmon is grown off of overcrowded docks and wild salmon
>      is near extinct as a commercial venture
>    o They are hand fed with processed, vitamin enriched meal, like
>      chickens (ooo, tastes like chicken?)
>    o They are relatively tasteless (sort of like feeding an escargot
>       11 days of grain meal), their flesh is fatty and loose, their
> tone
>       is gray and companies have to die them with orange and pink
>       coloring to make them attractive to consumers.

An old friend did his doctorial work in aquaculture. The main problem
they faced was parasites. Put fish close together and the vermin have a
field day. He entertained us with sketches of microphotographs. Damn
things looked like H.P. Lovecraft's opium dreams.

Going back to thread, maybe turning our arable land into ranch homes is
the only way we'll get rid of our agricultural subsidies.

Closer still to thread, I'm happy for this plan, it may be the only
decent thing Bush does. I'll thank him for it, and press the touch
screen for his opponent (and hope my vote is counted correctly.)
However I find it extremely funny how close it comes to the pandering
Gray Davis tried (and backfired) on the driver license issue.

I guess only Republicans are given a pass on immigration liberalization.

-- whump, who will take a pass on the salmon roll