Drawing on Acid

jbone at place.org jbone at place.org
Thu Jan 8 11:05:09 PST 2004

Via kuro5in [1], check out this: [2]

	These 9 drawings were done by an artist under the influence of LSD --
part of a test
	conducted by the US government during it's dalliance with
psychotomimetic drugs
	in the late 1950's. The artist was given a dose of LSD 25 and free
access to an
	activity box full of crayons and pencils. His subject is the medico
that jabbed him.

...cool stuff!  I love how the first drawing is rather boring, while
the rest of them (particularly the one done 2:45 after dropping, [3] it
ROCKS, kind of Alexandra Nichita-like, [4] [5] I'd pay for a print of
that!) are much, much more interesting.

Note:  remember all those "this is your brain on drugs" ads with the
fried eggs, etc.?  Well, this *really* is your brain on drugs.  Only
problem, they couldn't use this kind of thing;  it would encourage drug

jb

[1] http://www.kuro5hin.org/story/2004/1/5/161716/3173
[2] http://www.cowboybooks.com.au/html/acidtrip1.html
[3] http://www.cowboybooks.com.au/html/acidtrip6.html